THE ITEMS BELOW (#1-#6) WILL DEEM A METROPOLITAN POLICE RECRUIT APPLICANT NOT SUITABLE FOR THE POSITION INDEFINITELY:
- FELONY CONVICTION
- CONVICTION(S) OF ANY CRIME OF VIOLENCE; OFFENSES INVOLVING INJURY OR THREAT OF INJURY TO ANOTHER PERSON SUCH AS ASSAULT, ABUSE OF FAMILY OR HOUSEHOLD MEMBER/DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, TERRORISTIC THREATENING, AND/OR PHYSICAL HARASSMENT.
- CONVICTION(S) OF ANY SALE OF AN ILLEGAL DRUG/CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE.
- IF YOU HAVE EVER COMMITTED:
- PROMOTING CHILD PORNOGRAPHY
- SEXUAL ASSAULT/RAPE
- ABUSE OF FAMILY OR HOUSEHOLD MEMBER/DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
- AS AN ADULT, SALE OR MANUFACTURING OF ANY SCHEDULE I, II, III or IV CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE, OTHER THAN MARIJUANA.
- SEPARATION FROM THE UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES WITH LESS THAN "HONORABLE" CONDITIONS.
- FOR PAST OR PRESENT PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICERS (INCLUDING MILITARY POLICE), ANY ADMINISTRATIVE CONVICTION (INTERNAL AFFAIRS INVESTIGATION) RELATING TO INTEGRITY, CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATIONS, EXCESSIVE USE OF FORCE OR THEFT.
- Any material misstatement of fact or significant admission during the application or background process shall be disqualifying, including inconsistent statements made during the initial background interview or polygraph examination or discrepancies between this background investigation and other investigations conducted by other law enforcement agencies.
- Any forgery, alteration, or intentional omission of material facts on an official employment application or background document, or sustained episodes of academic cheating.
- Felony arrest (non-conviction) within five (5) years prior to orientation.
- Misdemeanor arrest within three (3) years prior to orientation.
- Petty Misdemeanor arrest within two (2) years prior to orientation.
- OVUII/DUI conviction within five (5) years prior to orientation.
- OVUII/DUI arrest (non-conviction) within two (2) years prior to orientation.
- Receipt of three (3) or more moving citations within three (3) years prior to orientation.
- Conviction of excessive speed, racing or reckless driving within one (1) year prior to orientation.
- Involvement in three (3) or more motor vehicle collisions as an at fault driver within two (2) years prior to orientation.
- Possession/Use of Marijuana or other Schedule V controlled substance within two (2) years prior to orientation.
- Possession/Use of Ketamine, Anabolic Steroids, Testosterone, Valium, Ambien or any other Schedule III/IV controlled substance within three (3) years prior to orientation.
- Possession/Use of Ecstasy (MDMA), Heroin, LSD, Cocaine, Methamphetamine, Oxycodone, Fentanyl, Adderall or any other Schedule I/II controlled substance (other than Marijuana) within six (6) years prior to orientation.
- Sale/Manufacturing of Marijuana or other Schedule V controlled substance within three (3) years prior to orientation.
- As a juvenile, sale or manufacturing of any Schedule I, II, III, or IV controlled substances other than Marijuana within ten (10) years prior to orientation.
THE INFORMATION ABOVE WILL LIKELY DISQUALIFY AN APPLICANT DEPENDING ON THE FACTS AND CIRCUMSTANCES, HOWEVER, THESE ARE ONLY SOME EXAMPLES OF THE HONOLULU POLICE DEPARTMENT'S SELECTION STANDARDS. APPLICANTS WHO MEET THE STANDARDS LISTED ABOVE, ARE NOT GUARANTEED EMPLOYMENT WITH THE HONOLULU POLICE DEPARTMENT AND ARE EVALUATED IN OTHER AREAS WHICH MAY DEEM THEM NOT SUITABLE FOR EMPLOYMENT.